7.08.2007

Cute story

Last weekend I went to a nearby junior high school to root for Izumi's girls' volleyball team. They're quite unbelievable, and I just heard recently that they won the city championship and are going on to the prefectural tournament. Anyway, a couple of my students that had graduated last year were there to watch the games. One had brought her little brother along, and I shook his hand, which I guess meant to him that we were friends for life. So we played together for a little bit, throwing a ball, catching a ball, etc. He forgot my name at one point and called me Jackson. I told him that wasn't my name, and that he should try again. He said Jack Sparrow next, and I told him my name was Jason and that Jack Sparrow was my brother. He was very amazed and didn't doubt me for a second. He asked me if we went on adventures, I said sometimes, and that I saw him every weekend. He kept asking me lots of questions about my brother Jack Sparrow and I was starting to feel bad for lying to the little guy. So we played a weird game the kid made up for a while. I was starting to feel bad about lying, so I told him after our game that he misunderstood what I said earlier and that my brother was Jack Sparrow, but he's not the famous pirate; he's a lawyer. He was very sad, but my conscience felt a little better.

No comments: